Work Experience (Games)
Narrative Consultant – Wadjet Eye Studios, Unavowed
- Skills involved: Level Design, World Building, Story Boarding, Narrative Outlining, Object Descriptions, Workshopping Narrative, Writing Dialog, Writing Poetry, Coordinating with Lead Designer, Mechanical Design, Documentation Generation.
Lead Writer(Contract) – Midboss, 2064: Read Only Memories
- Skills involved: Character Workshops, Writing Dialog, Coordination with Design Team, Script Doctoring, Content Negotiation
Design Internship – Rob Daviau
- Skills involved: Rapid prototyping, extensive playtesting, paper prototyping, documentation of player feedback, organization, communication, iterative design, word, excel, InDesign
Head Team Adviser – National Student Leadership Conference (Game Design)
- Skills involved: Managed a staff of 6 other people, and together we managed 70 high school students over a space of 10 days. Communication, Education, Game Design Instruction, Public Speaking and Presentation, Documentation, Team Building Exercises, Organization and Planning, Leadership Training.
Crew Member – SCRAP Real Escape Games
- Skills involved: Memorization and Detail-Oriented Planning, Customer Service, Dungeon Mastering, Theatrical Performance, Instruction, Public Speaking, Communication, Game Testing, Game Balancing.
Narrative Consultant – Wadjet Eye Studios, Shardlight
- Skills involved: Dialog writing, Object descriptions, World Building, Character Workshops, Script Doctoring, Song Writing, Communication with Sound and Game Designers.
M.F.A in Game Design, NYU Game Center Class of 2017
B.A in Sociology, Willamette University Class of 2015
Academy of Arts Summer Program: August 2011
- Sexism and Gaming – Guest Seminar, Willamette University
- Sexism and Whiteness in Gaming: Beyond the Boy’s Club – Landmark University
- A Scholarly Roundtable on Gamergate: Part one and part two
- IndieGameCon: Sexism in the Game Industry
- Reality Cast: The Misogyny of Gamergate and Outrage over Abortion Education
- VGS – #Gamergate: Threats of Mass Shooting and Rape for Journalistic Integrity – Interview with Brianna Wu and Jennifer Allaway
- GDC 2014 – Sexism in the Game Industry: An Empirical Study
- Jezebel(Featured): #Gamergate Trolls aren’t Ethics Crusaders; they’re a hate group
- Gamasutra(Featured): The Reality of Sexism in the Game Industry
- Conference Associate (CA) serving GDC in both 2016 and 2017
- Was a Student in WIGI’s Game Mentor Online Program to John Ryan, who focused his lessons on game writing, casting sides, battle chatter, character development, dialogue, player choice and agency, world development, and more
- Train Jam 2016 Participant
- Global Game Jam 2016 Participant
- WAG Challenge 2015 Participant
- Global Game Jam 2015 Participant